Dont Forget a car park Ticket & Annual Tickets are available in the Courtyard shop click the image for info. Cost 2018 £60pa
Mini map (This is not the official Nottingham tourism blog or the Wollaton Park official blog) – but click on the images in the sidebar for more info
Try Foursquare for Restaurants, Pubs, other Cafes (Wollypark Cafe has the best coffees!!)
UK Festival Calendar
- Sounds fun! facebook.com/1210283913/pos… 6 hours ago
- Careful there are some hectic roads facebook.com/1210283913/pos… 1 day ago
- 1950s womens state pensions facebook.com/1210283913/pos… 1 day ago
- Google search, Lighthouses and Storm Callum ...Cornwall's cut off again ...see Cornwall live .. google.com/search?q=light… 1 day ago
- RT @NationalDayCal: Who makes the best desserts in your family? #NationalDessertDay Enjoy a piece of pie, or cobbler today to celebrate....… 1 day ago
- RT @Olympics: 🥇 Second gold medal for Giorgia Villa from #Italy 🇮🇹 Congratulations! #ArtisticGymnastics Vault #BuenosAires2018 #YouthOlympi… 1 day ago
- RT @OfficialBeeHC: 5 minutes to go... Tune in to BeeTV!!! 📺🐝🤗 Watch live on Apple TV, @GalvanisdHockey or at beestonhockeyclub.com/live #bee… 1 day ago
- RT @EnvAgencyMids: Flood warnings still in place and more possible throughout today as water flows down rivers from Wales. Please remain vi… 1 day ago
- RT @EnvAgency: There is a risk of flooding in some areas due to rain from #StormCallum. Please don't drive through floodwater. Even 30cm of… 1 day ago
- Storm Callum in Ireland facebook.com/1210283913/pos… 1 day ago
- lots of places are flooded in Wales facebook.com/1210283913/pos… 1 day ago
- RT @Great_Run: Good morning, runners! It’s almost time... 🙌🏼 We’re here on the start line! Share your photos with us using @SimplyhealthU… 1 day ago
- RT @LeedsMuseums: Look no further than the return of the Spooky Scarecrow Trail this #Halloween @LothertonHall - complete with creepy cr… 1 day ago
- RT @leicesterfest: Three weeks today it's #Leicester biggest firework and #bonfire display on Abbey Park. SAVE MONEY + avoid the queues buy… 1 day ago
- RT @WildlifeTrusts: October is a great time to spot bramblings arriving for the winter. They look similar to a chaffinch, but with an orang… 1 day ago
- RT @spacecentre: Fight and Flight: One Woman's Fearless Journey to the Stars ow.ly/f6qI30mcPsX https://t.co/784MALrCGl 1 day ago
- RT @ChatsworthHouse: If you live anywhere near @bolton_abbey, this is for you! Our archivist and librarian @franbaker_mcr is doing an illus… 1 day ago
- RT @DerbysWildlife: On Countryfile this week Derbyshire Wildlife Trust's arts trail, at Carsington Water, with our chainsaw sculptures and… 1 day ago
- RT @NThardwick: Due to the risk of falling branches in the high winds, Stainsby Mill is now closed for the rest of the day. Please take car… 1 day ago
- RT @wildlifewatch: Making a hide in your garden is a great way of getting up close to birds... just make sure you've got some food and wate… 1 day ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
This blog is 95% made with an Android Smartphone …menus and widgets need a pegman like google maps to move widgets on an android so until that happens …Sept 2015 for a while posts are via the pc sadly the Android Smartphone isn’t working at the min!
The menu and widgets are only updated occasionally…kk
It was created when the beautiful Enjoy the East Midlands website was archived.
The lovely 3Mobile co have now organised a means of a sim only contract which allows All you can Eat Data with 35Gb of tethering (use your phone like a mifi-wifi) for a reasonable price!! Awesome – so in the next few weeks the blog can have a spring clean and evolve a little!!
Love youtube music- would like a linked profile and links … with a widget maybe to bring in new likes… spotify or myspace or tunehog or vimeo? sadly we had to pay, but in 2017 this may have changed!! …..
All the pages and everything is made with the Smartphone that’s every post and page (the theme had to be sorted with the pc) to prove that anyone with an Android could make a blog – everything made on the phone but the headers and widgets from 2011 to 2017! Now we can choose themes and add widgets with the wordpress app. Now all we need is a the ability to add a few affiliates, not actually advertising but maybe tickets or books and music!! Currently wordpress.com isn’t into money making!!
CLICK THE Three Facebook links below… lots of INFO as it Happens!
Splendour Music Festie Tumblr Link here… also with Download Festie links – click the pics for info!
WollyParks’s Blog Click all the PIC LINKS ON THIS SIDEBAR FOR LOTS OF INFO ..click this first flowery avatar for a link to another blog, and click it again to come back…
THERE'S LOTS OF INFO on the FACEBOOK and TWITTER links of local events and interesting snippets of info around the UK that is UP to DATE! Check Regularly for WHATs ON and then use the PAGES to check or for opening times, directions etc !!
Blog Author contact and info is also further down the sidebar. No responsibility is accepted from the Wollypark blog for events, timings etc please check on the original websites. Info is here for inspiration! Also no responsibility is accepted for links to other blogs or twitters.
Blog ChangesBack to a proper menu colour soon --- just looking for an alternative theme.
Wollaton Village – click the image for County info & Sherwood Forest
As well as this Blog and Wollaton_nottm Twitter, a new micro venture is on the way – wish me luck! Monetising Wordpress isnt allowed – click the pic for Offers and Info!
A Picnic in the Park with the Red Deer!
LATEST LOCAL INFO – LONG BLOG Please SCROLL LOTS charities list link right at the end!!Check the twitter feed below updated at least weekly There's a student twitter link and a Green Environment link much further down the page. There's lots of pages - more than the main menu see the list below. Click the pics most of them take you somewhere Just browse around - Info on our Splendour Festi on tumblr link. The aim is to make the blog on an android phone (yes all of it!) tell you how to make it, take all the pics, make all the 'artwork' on android apps, and create lots of info on where you can visit a) from Wollaton and Wollaton Park - and b) around the UK Enjoy (don't read it all at once!!)
QAA-Wyrd Tuition and QQA-Confidence
Theres a story with this video – check the Red Deer Category
Wolly Park – Spring last year scroll down for twitter
95% Designed via an Android Phone (it shows!!)The aim of the blog is to provide info on Wollaton Hall and Park and the surrounding area, and secondly to make it all, as far as possible from an Android smartphone so along the way info on Apps and ways to use them in the blog will be included. Easter 2013 - new connections via wifi and mifi on the way hopefully
Donate Please – I’m starting a new micro Business and would appreciate donation! Thanks
Next: 11th Splendour Festie 20 July 2019Splendour This milestone should be in a brighter colour!!July 20th, 20199 months to go.
Full set of Pages below… Parks around and about
Click the pages for different header photos…
Travel Info Twitter Accounts ListMy Tweets
Follow the rnli list on Twitter – Fav CharityMy Tweets
Twitter Charities list – Feeling Generous? Choose OneMy Tweets
Android app helpsend a message via twitter
wollaton_nottm or via facebook
see the link below...
Send a text msg only if you would like help with social media or apps.
If you are in Wollaton or nearby and are interested in a Computer Club please send a text msg, a tweet or a facebook message thanks07968729708Computer club info soon
Wordpress keeps basic cookies by continuing you accept…
Community LinksChristmas 2013 Thanks for all the lovely comments - they are much appreciated. These are bloggers who have followed the Wollypark blog - - lovely folk and a big thanks goes to them for following. Just a cautionary note for parents - occasionally the software that sorts the real bloggers from the computerised lets a blog follower through that is either advertising or not suitable for children - mostly the bloggers are lovely and there a real world of creativity out there! Feel free to check out their inspiration! Wollypark doesn't accept any responsibility arising from any link to other blogs.
Categories made, now to edit posts
The Full set of Pages
- *New – Things to do in Nottingham, TripAdvisor, Visit Notts etc
- 2011 Posts
- 2012 Posts
- 2015 Resolutions
- About &Acc Use
- Android OS
- Around the UK Photo’s Facebook
- Birdsall in Buckrose
- Blog Edits-Info
- Buzz Guides &
- CAT Welsh Wales
- Christmas info – Park Open!
- City Parking, Traffic
- Coluring craze, App Art and Freebies
- Craft: local links
- Crich War Memorial
- Dinosaurs …2018 Wollaton Park – Jurassic Kingdom Nottingham
- Dinosaurs of China (sadly they’ve now returned to China) !
- Dovestone Res
- Earth Hour
- Enjoy UK
- Famous People
- Fitness Info
- Framework knitting
- Framework Knitting
- GameCity &NVA
- Garden Centres & National Garden Scheme NGS
- Green’s Windmill and Science Centre
- Home Grown!
- Interesting Buildings
- Learn the English Language
- Leisure & Swimming
- Libraries Wifi; Buses
- Like Marathons?
- Local Farm Shops
- Local Market
- National Trust
- Newark on Trent
- No Tomorrow Festival archived
- Nottingham Castle
- Nottingham City
- Nottinghamshire Archives
- Nottm Light Night
- Notts Blogs
- Notts Family History
- Notts Parks & Dukeries
- Old Nottingham
- On In-the-news
- Other Linked Blogs
- Other local Green Spaces
- Our Festie
- Our Trent Vale
- Outdoor Swimming
- OVO Tour of Britain – Le Tour & Yorkshire
- Peak District Castleton Carols
- Posts 2016
- S Yorkshire
- Sites Sp Scientific Interest & other links
- Splendour Festival 2018
- Stary Skies
- Stately Homes & Nat Trust
- Steam Trains
- Summer Nights Films and Outdoor Theatre
- The ‘Establishment’
- The Goyt Valley
- The Peak District
- The River Trent
- Top10 by Bus
- UK 2012
- UK Authors
- UK Bands & Festies
- UK Beaches
- UK Castles
- UK Cathedrals
- UK Classic Buses
- UK Coastal Guide
- UK Festivals
- UK Festivals of Light
- UK Forests
- UK Info & Soc Media
- UK Megalithic!
- UK Museums
- UK National Parks
- UK Scotland
- UK Tourism Quals.
- UK Towns
- UK Villages
- Universal Decl Human Rights
- US 508th Airborne
- West Midlands
- Wollaton Blogs
- Wollaton Hall and Park, (how Nottingham City Council aquired the land and Hall). The Notts Visitor Industry.
- WP challenges
- Xmas 2013
- Yearly Archive
- z All Pages – Sidebar
- z look around – Wollaton park & E Mids links!
- Wollaton Park Opening & Travel
- Seasons & Nature
- Early Wollaton
- Holiday Markets
- Local Area
- Find Stuff
- The Village
- Image Sites
- What’s on
- Androids, Computers
- Language Info
- Making Blogs
- Craft Centres
NEW – Notts: Lots Nature Info Pearltree link
Top Posts & Pages
A new ‘peep’ at Social Media possibilities
Add your own blog to the links
See the Naturestuff Tumblr link
No upcoming events
The world as 100 people
Wollaton Park Pinterest Boardshttp://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=wollaton+park
Winter Afternoon Swans on the Lake video
A few other Blog Screenpics and linksShowing different theme designs and collections of info or just whymsical ramblings... (some of these are on the text links above)
Peeknet – Green Info Building
- Callanish bit.ly/2jZFPpu 10 months ago
- RT @EnvAgency: £27 million flood scheme opened in Blackpool today - it will better protect almost 5,000 homes and businesses. https://t.co/… 11 months ago
- RT @the_ecologist: RT: UE: Brazil held an auction of its deepwater oil blocks. Shell took half bit.ly/2zjyqbf https://t.co/Nb4Si6v… 11 months ago
- RT @GreenpeaceUK: Record surge in atmospheric CO2 seen in 2016. We need strong climate leadership NOW! #Resist #peoplepower https://t.co/x… 11 months ago
- RT @isostandards: #WAD2017 #ISOIEC17025 that helps to deliver confidence in the #construction industry will be revised this year. https://t… 1 year ago
- RT @MikeSassi: Tremendous day of international tennis in Nottingham. #Nottingham m.nottinghampost.com/aegon-open-not… #AegonOpen https://t.co/flX3ZqJGea 1 year ago
- RT @CarbonBrief: In-depth: New BP data shows emissions flat in 2016 with record rise in renewables | @DrSimEvans @hausfath https://t.co/UuC… 1 year ago
- RT @PlanetGreen: For bookworms, heaven is indeed a place on Earth (17 places, in fact) bit.ly/2s4Ihdf https://t.co/HuTpqNaopz 1 year ago
- RT @nationaltrust: With over 250,000 hectares of countryside to explore, we’ll help you find your next adventure: nattru.st/5d0xg h… 1 year ago
- RT @PlanetGreen: 7 questions to ask before getting a pet bird bit.ly/2jOwwox https://t.co/ZtqJhVN4Hr 1 year ago
Vodpod-vimeo videos – this will work soon
Jigsaw Puzzle the pieces are aligned already!
Blogroll in a Pearltree soz authors the pearl isnt the latest blogpost!
A blog that plays around with images
The layout changes from here to two smaller columnsThe blog is intentionally unprofessional looking in the sense that it isnt sleek and modern. If you prefer that style, the author offers her apologies. As an individual who likes lots of info, bookshelves crammed with books not categorised or in tidy rows but just crammed full with books leaning, some on top of others, no sizing order, not hardback but just lovely information to dip into all over the place... and lots of creative stuff, embroidery, painting, internet programmes, lots of photos, cookery, home made bread and pizza and other recipies (morissminorarcana) then perhaps this blog will make sense. It would be nice however to be able to change the column sizes just slightly ...so if anyone out there knows how please advise.... so far the theme style wont allow it. I have made a few more modern approach wordpress blogs, one in particular for learning stuff... anything at all at http://businessstudiesalevelrevision2012.wordpress.com/
Learn anything from a text book…at any level
The Twitter link belowHas a collection of useful Business Studies and Biz links if you are interested.
- Step inside Shakespeare’s first theatre | MOLA qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/08/29/ste… 1 month ago
- British factory occupations in the 1970s | Workers’ Liberty qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/bri… 4 months ago
- Watch “Price Elasticity of Demand – part 1” on YouTube youtube.com/watch?v=MNiEHv… qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/wat… 4 months ago
- Watch “AS-Level Economics Video 14 Indirect Taxes and Subsidies” on YouTube youtube.com/watch?v=6eEohX… qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/wat… 4 months ago
- Revision | Letts Revision | Ages 14-16 | GCSE Revision Success | Free – Collins qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/05/07/rev… 5 months ago
- Shmoop: Homework Help, Teacher Resources, Test Prep qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/05/07/shm… 5 months ago
- GCSE English Language for AQA Progress Plus Student Book – Lindsay McNab, Imelda Pilgrim, Marian Slee – Google Books qaawyrdtuition.wordpress.com/2018/05/07/gcs… 5 months ago
Wolly Park Manor Winter
Google Rss feeds are ending on July 19th! try Netvibes!A help note ref Google rss feeds - on the blog till 19th How to send your google rss feeds to netvibes - create your netvibes file - and make sure you remember the login and password - go to google takeout - https://www.google.com/takeout/ export your rss feeds - and when they have successfully arrived in the downloaded file - unzip it and copy the xml file - (make a new folder in documents - google feeds?) - in Netvibes choose add (+) and browse the xml file just downloaded from google - - press import - your feeds should now be in the netvibes account - and you have an xml of the google info -
Quals: (not that anyone needs them to blog)
PGCE: Secondary: Bus Studies and ICT
Print: RSA Typewriting level III
The blog is not perfect –
The aim is to make this blog using an Android Smartphone, so some edits and info may be a little less than perfect … but it proves an android smartphone can make lots of pages and lots of posts and artwork!
The objective is:- have a go a making a blog yourself on any topic but try to take your own pics and make your own artwork!!
see the Making Blogs (with wordpress) page
The blog really really is made with an android phone.
There are thousands of blogs on wordpress.com and blogger – you may need an account with either system to start blogging (i.e. you need an email address and the ability to verify it) then you can make blogs and also use the wordpress ‘read blogs’ option – a super world of ordinary people information.
The blogging world is not aiming for marks for perfection – its aiming at ordinary people’s creativity. For perfection try serif webplus software and create a website and keep improving it – they have free downloads of older versions of software! 2017 sadly their webplus is not longer a current product but there are versions still working.
NB: There aren’t any people in the pics on the posts as their permission would be needed to be uploaded and online ..Maybe a gallery soon…
Lots of people do visit the park and other Nottm/Notts Attractions – 80K at Sherwood Festival Aug 11th 2013 – with a little help from the Tweeters!
Interested in Astrology?
Years ago I studied Astrology – before the EU banned it for predictive purposes so now it is for Entertainment only (was it ever anything else??).
I belonged to the Nottm Astrology Society and did talks for groups all around the UK. I was even on TV with the Time and the Place programme once!! My focus was always that the majority of people don’t understand that Astronomy ie the Planets can be seen in the sky (Starry Skies, Astronomy groups) and that sky picture is the one in your Astrology chart from the day you were born so its quite special but its not going to control your life.
Many years ago people used the stars to navigate and determine when to plant and harvest so it was important but became ‘occult’ or hidden in the Victorian times, and now with the Internet (and lots of countries still have a really big interest) its evolved more. People know some information is for fun and entertainment and is not too serious.
If you are interested in finding out about Astrology and want an honest up to date viewpoint, or would like a beautiful artwork chart as a pic for your phone or frame, email email@example.com and use the subject *ColourCharts
Its a de-mystifying type of Astrology so people who may use it to manipulate you cant do so any more!!
Theres a blog at